GOVERNANCE AND MANAGEMENT ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE CDM
Key governance and management roles are being carried out by an Implementation Steering Committee and the Secretariat for the CDM, which is located in a mainstream in the Ministry of Finance.
Implementation Steering Committee
An Implementation Steering Committee provides strategic advice and policy direction and assumes overall responsibility for implementation and review of progress of the pilot phase.
The Implementation Steering Committee also approves proposals and reports from organizations based on recommendations from the Secretariat. In addition, the ISC reviews and approves the work plan and budget of the Secretariat and ensures sustainability of the CDM.
The Implementation Steering Committee comprises membership from Central Governance institutions, CMAs, and MDAs, as well as public training institutions and DPs as follows:
- Office of the President (OoP)
- Public Services Commission (PSC)
- National Development Planning Commission (NDPC)
- Office of the Head of Civil Service (OHCS)
- Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning (MOFEP)
- Ministry of Women and Children’s Affairs (MOWAC)
- Ministry of Employment and Social Welfare
- Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
- Management Development and Productivity Institute (MDPI)
- Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA)
- Other potentially interested DPs
- Ghana Audit Service (GAS)-Ex-officio member
- Controller and Accountant-General’s Department (CAGD)-Ex-officio member