Purpose of the Initiative
The objective of the initiative is for the Ministry to undertake capacity development in the areas of ICT improvement and application, revamp local area network, deploy Automated Backup, Electronic Workflow etc through skills and competency based training and procurement of computers to order to self-regulate and take control work processes with the view of effective achievement of sector goals and objectives.
Capacity Development Activities
The key Capacity Development initiatives for implementation include the following;
- Monitoring and evaluation and reporting on implementation of HRM programmes,
- Development of structural HR elements including organizational structure,
- Development job descriptions,
- ITC Improvement and application to telephony,
- CT training for all levels of staff,
- Website design and procurement of computers and establishment of IT Directorate and Electronic database for the Ministry.